Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Random AWESOMENESS!

           One of my favorite people in the whole world is probably Lucille Ball. I think that she was so awesome at what she did, and was humble and down to earth at the same time. In my room, I have 2 'plaques' (just metal posters) of her, and a popart Lucy, AND 2 other posters of her (not all of them are up, but I still love them.) I have an I Love Lucy lunchbox, and a bag with the Lucy and Ricky cartoon on it. (I know...just a little bit obsessed...) For Christmas a couple of years ago, I got the entire series of I Love Lucy (with 1 season of Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour...) 

          My favorite episode is JOB SWITCHING. In this episode, Lucy and Ethel switch 'roles' with Fred and Ricky. (Lucy and Ethel go out and get jobs and Fred and Ricky do housework and make meals.) The girls get a job in a candy factory, and soon, everything gets messed up. (They can't wrap candies, they eat it, etc.) The guys soon realize that housework is harder than they expected. (They make 4 cups of rice, the chicken explodes and they burn shirts with the iron.) 

           My second favorite episode is where Lucy wants to be in a commercial at Ricky's studio. He lets her do it (after several days of crying, whining, and pouting) and it all goes awry. She is the VITAMEATAVEGIMIN medicine selling girl, but, as it turns out, is 23% alcohol, and she gets drunk after having to practice taking the medicine without gagging. It is really physical and hilarious. She can totally pull it off! :)




k

3 comments:

  1. I commented on this post earlier, but for some reason it did not save. I LOVE LUCY as well. She is excellent at physical comedy. That scene at the candy factory is a classic. When she starts stuffing the chocolates down her shirt I cannot stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lucy too, she is so funny and she is a very good actress! my favorite episode is the chocolate one, that one is my favorite! I like all of the pictures you posted, they are funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one where she is working in the chocolate factory. it's the only one i've seen.....

    ReplyDelete